As much as we might hate the old adage, “It takes money to make money”, there’s some truth to it.
If you’ve ever watched shows like “Shark Tank”, you see several entrepreneurs who share their business ideas in hopes for an investor to give them money. They need money for inventory, payroll, manufacturing, to cover orders, or some other business expense, and that’s perfectly normal! Every business will need an infusion at some time or another: maybe from a job, from sales, or from an external source.
The catch to financing deals like what the Sharks offers most is…
You get the money in exchange for a percentage of ownership in your business.
Giving up ownership may not be that bad for some people because they feel the mentorship is worthwhile, but equity share agreements don’t work for everyone. Some common reasons equity share agreements don’t work is because:
- You loose control
- You may or may not get the level of mentorship you’d expected
- and, they don’t end (unless you buy the others out)
- 1 There are Many Small Business Financing Options
- 2 What is Yalber? Product Overview
- 3 How Does Yalber Work?
- 4 How Do I Get Started with Yalber?
- 5 Who is Yalber For?
- 6 Yalber Tools & Training
- 7 Yalber Support
- 8 What Does Yalber Do Well
- 9 What Doesn’t Yalber Do Well
- 10 Yalber Review Roundup
- 11 Yalber Price
- 12 My Final Opinion of Yalber
- 13 Top Alternatives
- 14 VERDICT: Recommend
- 15 ——————————————————-
- 16 Yalber
- 17 Pros
- 18 Cons
There are Many Small Business Financing Options
Despite the cons, equity agreements are getting lots of media attention, and many entrepreneurs don’t realize other opportunities exist! Nowadays, there are several small business financing options including:
- Bootstrapping (my favorite)
- Bank loans
- Borrowing from family and friends
- Equity-share agreements
- Peer-to-peer lending
- Alternative lending (thru companies like Kabbage)
- and, Royalty-Based Lending
Yalber offers one very promising business financing solutions. In this Yalber review, I will give you:
- What it is
- How it works
- Pros and Cons
- What it does well and what it does not
- What others are saying (good and bad)
- My Recommendation
- And, Alternatives (in case you want to do some comparison shopping)
What is Yalber? Product Overview
Yalber is a royalty-based lender. They give money to business owners without credit checks and without collateral in exchange for a royalty percentage of the sales until their money is paid back. They are a performance-based lender that’s funded 12,000+ businesses totaling $300 million dollars invested since their inception!
How Does Yalber Work?
Unlike banks who only invest in businesses who have been around for two or more years, those entrepreneurs who have outstanding personal credit, or those who have very established financials, Yalber is willing to bear more risk. They invest in small businesses, startups, and those who don’t fit the criteria for the banks.
They approve businesses based on their performance: the sales and the potential to repay the loan with a royalty. Then, once they’ve seen the potential, they allow borrowers to agree to pay back thru a percentage of sales until the entire balance is paid in full.
How Do I Get Started with Yalber?
To get started with Yalber, you’d:
1. Complete the Online Application
You complete a brief online application that gives Yalber a glimpse at your business health.
2. Submit Documents that show the Performance of the Business
Submit the last 3 months of business bank statements.
3. Wait 24 Hours for Approval/Disapproval
Get approval and money in your bank account the same day.
Here’s a video that explains the process:
Who is Yalber For?
- Businesses who need a cash infusion
- Those who are having trouble financing their businesses solely thru sales, earned income, or gifted means
- Those who are confident their sales will be steady enough to repay a royalty with enough cushion to maintain stability in the business
Yalber Tools & Training
Yalber doesn’t offer much tools and training. They have a blog with articles for small business owners, but not specific to business financing (like what you’d expect).
Yalber offers live chat, phone support, and email support to customers and potential customers.
What Does Yalber Do Well
- They provide quick approval results
- They give loans based on business performance
- They take risks on businesses that wouldn’t otherwise stand a chance
- They have many reviews of satisfied customers
- They give money that can be used for ANY business purpose
- They don’t require collateral
- They give reasonable interest rates in comparison to similar loan companies that bear the same risk
- They lend between $5,000 and $500,000
What Doesn’t Yalber Do Well
- They only offer royalty-based financing, so if you’re looking for another financing type, you’d have to look at other lenders.
- Their interest rates are typically higher than traditional bank loans
- They don’t fund businesses with a gross income of less than $7000 per month
- They don’t have a ballpark estimate for interest and fees on their website
Yalber Review Roundup
A Cuban Restaurant:
A Catering Business:
A Chinese Restaurant:
Common Positive Feedback
- They provided money when others wouldn’t
- They weren’t concerned about personal credit
- The money arrived quickly
- The approval was fast
Common Negative Feedback
- There’s no negative reviews of Yalber online! After investing $300 million in businesses, it’s a surprise to find NO BAD REVIEWS.
Most Helpful Positive Yalber Review
Yalber has 27 reviews on TrustPilot and 100% are 5-stars. Here’s one positive customer review:
No hassle loan…would definitely recommend
No hassle loan…the guys at Yalber made it super easy and worked hard to come up with a good solution for my business. Loved the early payoff option….I was able to pay my balance early and was happy to not have a penalty as is standard with the majority of business loans. Would definitely recommend if you’re in need of business cash flow in a pinch!
Most Helpful Negative Yalber Review
Every business has a good and a bad side, however, none of the reviewers have added constructive feedback to help future Yalber customers have a realistic perspective.
Yalber pulls their interest, fees, and loan repayment as a percentage of gross sales. The repayment amount stays the same until the loan is repayed in full.
My Final Opinion of Yalber
While I don’t recommend debt unless you’re in dire need, Yalber is one good option if you need working capital for your business. Some situations require entrepreneurs to have cash infused from outside, risk their reputation, or shut down completely. If you find yourself in a situation where you need the additional cash, GIVE YALBER A TRY.
- Payments are Performance-Based - A percentage of sales
- 24 Hour Approval and Immediate Access to Cash
- 100% positive reviews online
- No collateral required
- Bad credit or no credit isn't a problem
- Higher interest rates than bank loans (for those with good credit)
- You have to have $7000/mo+ in gross revenue
- They don't give a ballpark estimate of interest and fees on the website