Thrive Ultimatum Review Summary
Thrive Themes is a plugin that helps to increase the sales conversion rates by helping you to build and design countdown timers.
Best Used For: Those who want to add urgency and scarcity to their WordPress websites
What Thrive Ultimatum Does Well
- Works with the WordPress content management system
- Integrates with other Thrive plugins
- Can place timers in widgets, on pages, on posts, and in the ribbon areas
What Thrive Ultimatum Doesn’t do Well
- No real time support like live chat or phone support
- Only forum support
- Can’t be used to insert timers in emails or on other content management systems (like Shopify, Teachable, Podia, Clickfunnels, etc.)
Most customers have positive experiences with using the software. There aren’t many complaints to be found.
Ease of Use
Thrive Ultimatum provides templates, training, and their forum to help you to use the software. Overall, it’s faily easy to use.
The pricing is very reasonable when comparing others with similar benefits. Most use subscriptions.
There’s no real-time support. You have to look thru the forum and add a thread to get support.
Price: From $97
If you’re here, it’s likely, you’re considering whether or not to buy Thrive Ultimatum to improve your sales conversions on your website, and I’d love to help you make that decision. In this Thrive Ultimatum review, I’ll be telling you:
- What it is
- How it works
- Pros and Cons
- What it does well and what it does not
- What others are saying (good and bad)
- My Recommendation
- And, Alternatives (in case you want to do some comparison shopping)
- 1 What is Thrive Ultimatum? An Overview
- 2 How Does Thrive Ultimatum Work?
- 3 How Do I Get Started with Thrive Ultimatum?
- 4 Who is Thrive Ultimatum For?
- 5 Thrive Ultimatum Tools & Training
- 6 Thrive Ultimatum Support
- 7 What Does Thrive Ultimatum Do Well
- 8 What Doesn’t Thrive Ultimatum Do Well
- 9 Thrive Ultimatum Review Roundup
- 10 Thrive Ultimatum Price
- 11 My Final Opinion of Thrive Ultimatum
- 12 VERDICT: Recommended
- 13 Thrive Ultimatum by Thrive Themes
What is Thrive Ultimatum? An Overview
Studies show a drastic increase in sales when scarcity is used. In fact, Shane Melaugh, the co-founder of Thrive Themes, noticed that even with the same amount of traffic, adding a little scarcity could make the sales conversions go up more than 100%. As a result, Thrive Themes set out to make the best scarcity plugin for WordPress websites.
How Does Thrive Ultimatum Work?
Thrive Ultimatum is a WordPress plugin. In your WordPress dashboard, you’d have to upload the plugin file and activate it. Once the plugin is active, you can create various countdown timer designs, split test, add copy, and decide which pages and posts you’d like the plugin to show on.
You can use Thrive Ultimatum for:
- evergreen funnels
- limited time offers
- holiday promotions
- and more…
How Do I Get Started with Thrive Ultimatum?
To get started with Thrive Ultimatum, you’d visit the Thrive Themes website and decide whether you want to use Thrive Ultimatum individually, or in combination with the entire Thrive membership. Once you’ve decided what works best for you, you check out, and you’ll instantly have access to the membership area where you’re plugin downloads will be.
Who is Thrive Ultimatum For?
Thrive Ultimatum is perfect for:
- Those who want to add scarcity and urgency to their WordPress websites
- Those who prefer one-time payments rather than subscriptions like what’s common with other alternatives
- and, those who’d appreciate learning from Thrive’s training on conversion optimization
Thrive Ultimatum Tools & Training
Thrive Themes has training on various internet marketing topics, but lots of it is helpful for optimizing your website for sales conversions. They teach you how to improve the number of sales even without increasing the traffic.
Thrive Ultimatum Support
Thrive Themes has a forum they use to offer customer support. You add your thread/ticket to the forum along with your WordPress login information (in some instances), and they’ll take a look at the problem and help you solve it.
What Does Thrive Ultimatum Do Well
- Thrive Ultimatum is priced very competitively
- It’s a one-time charge and not a subscription
- The support is helpful
- They have a monopoly of customer satisfaction
- They’re plugins integrate well and perform many conversion-focused functions
- It’s a pretty reliable plugin
- They provide very nice templates
- You can change what’s shown after a conversion
What Doesn’t Thrive Ultimatum Do Well
- The plugin doesn’t work in email so you’d need a separate option if you want countdown timers in your emails
- The support can be slow of difficult to communicate with because of time zone conflicts and because it’s no real-time communication (like live chat or phone support)
- The plugin can slow your site load times
Thrive Ultimatum Review Roundup
I know it’s important to see what others experiences are like, so I’ve compiled some common positive feedback, common negative feedback, and helpful positive and negative reviews of Thrive Ultimatum for you to check out.
Common Positive Feedback
- Is great for adding scarcity and urgency to WordPress funnels
- I love how you can add the countdowns in the widgets, as ribbons, and on various pages on my site
- It is very reliable
- The best WordPress countdown timer plugin
Common Negative Feedback
- The plugins decrease website load speeds
- Works best when used with other Thrive plugins like Thrive Leads
- Maybe a learning curve
- Advanced features take more time to set up
Most Helpful Positive Thrive Ultimatum Review
When it comes to WordPress countdown timers and scarcity, Thrive Ultimatum is about as detailed and feature-rich as you’ll get. To truly harness the full power of the plugin, you need to be willing to take the time to set up funnels for your offers. But even for casual use, Thrive Ultimatum still offers effective standard countdown timers. You’ll just end up paying for powerful features that you might not use. All in all, Thrive Ultimatum is another well-thought-out and high-quality plugin from the Thrive Themes team. Give it a look if you want to add some scarcity to your WordPress site.
Colin Newcomer, WPSuperStars.net
Most Helpful Negative Thrive Ultimatum Review
The first thing that I don’t like about Thrive Themes is their support. I can’t stand how they’ve set up their support. It’s using a forum format so that anyone can see the questions your asking and the staff isn’t trying to win any politeness awards. In fact you won’t find an email anywhere. Your forced to go through the forums to hopefully get your issue solved.
This is stark contrast to OptimizePress and ClickFunnels whose support is very polite and helpful. When building landing pages and sales pages, it is important to have set-up the shopping cart function. However, Thrive Themes doesn’t have a shopping cart function unlike OptimizePress or clickfunnels. So even though it does a great job with the rest of your site, when it comes to taking payments, it leaves you hanging. Another disadvantage of using thrive themes that I discuss in this thrive themes review 2018 is their lack of membership capabilities..
So if you want to build a membership site, your going to have to add another plug-in like OptimizeMember, WishList Member, Membermouse, or WooCommerce Memberships. Personally I still use OptimizePress for all our memberships because it’s so easy and straightforward. Did you also know that thrive themes plugins can slow down your website and landing pages for your sales funnel?
While I have not personally experienced this, I have seen several reports of their plugins slowing down sites. Even though they say in their marketing that won’t happen. So if your using budget wordpress hosting, you may want to test your site speed and insure that Thrive doesn’t slow the site down too much. You can use a free tool like Google’s page speed tester to determine your site speed.
Lastly, thrive themes is a bit hard to get used to. There is a much steeper learning curve with Thrive Themes when compared to hosted page builders like ClickFunnels and LeadPages. Even though I’d been using OptimizePress 2.0 for years, it took me a few weeks to really get the hang of Thrive Themes.
Jason Whaling, JasonWhaling.com
Thrive Ultimatum Price
Thrive Themes gives the greatest discount to those who buy their software in volume. A single site license is $97, a 5-site license is $147, and a 15-license pack is $399.
My Final Opinion of Thrive Ultimatum
You probably know that in many instances, things don’t get done without a nudge. Thrive Ultimatum provides an option to give that nudge by using scarcity and urgency. Of course, these tactics should be used honestly and implemented with software that’s reliable, otherwise, it can damage your reputation.
I’ve used Thrive Ultimatum with great results and found a monopoly of customer satisfaction, therefore I’d recommend them to others looking for an option to increase sales conversions.
Get Started with Thrive Ultimatum
Elementor Pro is an amazing plugin that can be used to create landing pages and improve site design. They've also added a countdown timer feature.
If you need a solution that can create countdown timers on other content management systems and in email, and a way to measure conversion rates throughout your funnel.
If you want a suite of conversion tools that's not made for WordPress, Clickfunnels is a popular alternative.