If you’re looking for a thorough BrightLocal review, you’re in the right place. Here, I’ll be sharing pros, cons, and alternatives to help you decide if Bright Local is a good tool to improve your internet marketing strategy.
Let’s start with a scenario…
Let’s say, you and your family are out driving around, and you decide to stop for something to eat. The problem is, you’re in an area where you’re not very familiar, and you haven’t tried any of the restaurants there. What do you do?
For most people, they would grab their phone, and type in Google “restaurant near me”. Is that what you were thinking? The trends are showing us that more and more people are relying on search engines to decide on products and services to do business with. They look at things like location, relevance to where they are, customer reviews, and services, and, often times, they make decisions about whether to visit you before picking up the phone or driving by.
So, what do you think happens to the entrepreneurs who aren’t on Google, or who don’t monitor their reputations there? Many customers would tell you that you probably missed the opportunity to do business with them as a result.
The thing about managing your local business listings and website rankings is that many local business think it’s complicated if you don’t leverage the best solution for you. The typical options are to:
- Leverage the right technology
- Or, to Outsource
BrightLocal is one technology solution designed to make managing your local business branding online easier. In this review, I want to give you enough information to decide whether BrightLocal would be a good option for you. I will tell you:
- What it is
- How it works
- Pros and Cons
- What it does well and what it does not
- What others are saying (good and bad)
- My Recommendation
- And, Alternatives (in case you want to do some comparison shopping)
To see this full review in video, check it out here:
- 1 What is BrightLocal? An Overview
- 2 How Does BrightLocal Work?
- 3 How Do I Get Started with BrightLocal?
- 4 Who is BrightLocal For?
- 5 BrightLocal Tools & Training
- 6 BrightLocal Support
- 7 What Does BrightLocal Do Well
- 8 What Doesn’t BrightLocal Do Well
- 9 BrightLocal Review Roundup
- 10 BrightLocal Price
- 11 My Final Opinion of BrightLocal
- 12 Top Alternatives
- 13 VERDICT: Recommended
- 14 ——————————————————-
- 15 BrightLocal | Local Business Marketing Tool
- 16 Pros
- 17 Cons
What is BrightLocal? An Overview
BrightLocal is an internet marketing tool that helps local business owners and agencies to manage Google my Business listings, business directory listings, and website rankings in one. It helps you to see what needs to be done to improve search rankings, and provides analytics to help you track your results.
For marketing agencies, Brightlocal provides white label capability, so you can provide routine analytics to your clients to give them peace of mind, keep communication lines open, and demonstrate the professionalism of your agency.
The software offers:
- Local SEO management tools
- Citation builders
- A Reputation manager
- Agency lead generator
How Does BrightLocal Work?
Once you set up your BrightLocal account, it prompts you to provide your business (or customer’s business) demographic information. After you provide your demographic information, it will also prompt you to install Google Analytics as well as social media accounts.
With all of this data, it will prepare a report to show you the local citations you have, what edits need to be done, and give you recommendations to improve your online listings.
How Do I Get Started with BrightLocal?
To get started with BrightLocal, you can create a 14-day free trial account (without billing information), and test it out. Then, you can decide if the service is something you can dedicate yourself to, to manage your online presence.
Who is BrightLocal For?
- Local businesses who want to manage their own online presence
- Marketing agencies who manage local business listings online
- Freelancers who want to offer auditing or management services for local businesses
BrightLocal Tools & Training
BrightLocal has a great knowledge base as well as video training on some topics to help you use the software
Live chat and ticket support.
What Does BrightLocal Do Well
- They have a very nice user interface
- They send out informative newsletters to keep you informed of updates to local business marketing
- They provide useful tools to track what needs to be maintained for your local SEO and listings
- They help improve efficiency for local business marketing online
What Doesn’t BrightLocal Do Well
- They don’t provide standalone training that would enable you to perform your own local SEO
- They support you’d recieve wouldn’t be sufficient to learn local business marketing (if you don’t know how)
- They give you computer-based feedback on your SEO, but you may still want human user testing performed if you’re having trouble getting conversions or results on your website
- and, you’d probably want additional tools to determine relevant keywords, search volume, and opportunities for your business to rank online
BrightLocal Review Roundup
- Of 322 reviews on Trustpilot, BrightLocal has 89% 5-stars and 9% 4-stars
- G2Crowd and FitSmallBusiness showed very high customer satisfaction (upwards of 90% as well)
Common Positive Feedback
- One of the best local SEO tools on the market
- Their constantly making new improvements
- They have a great customer support team
- The tool really helps manage mine and clients’ accounts
- I’ve been using them for years and I’m still happy with BrightLocal
Common Negative Feedback
While the negative reviews were 1% of their customer reviews, what the negative reviews complained about was:
- The citation service didn’t go as expected–my citations were done wrong
- They outsource some work to the phillipines and don’t say so
Most Helpful Positive BrightLocal Review
One of the best local marketing suites
One of the best local marketing tool suites on the market and their consumer review studies and in-house research have been invaluable to digital agencies. They keep adding more amazing features.
Tim Berry, TrustPilot
Most Helpful Negative BrightLocal Review
A disappointing experience
I bought the citation building service from Brightlocal and found it to be really disappointing, the citations were done incorrectly where I had to constantly correct the people, then I started getting calls to sign up for a GMB service to boost local map rank. I mean this was a total waste of time and money.
Jobin John, Trustpilot
My Final Opinion of BrightLocal
Overall, I think BrightLocal is one of the best tools on the market to monitor local business SEO, and I use them whenever checking out a concern of a local business client. I think if you’re wondering whether it can work for you, you should try it out. There’s a 14-day free trial. It’s risk free. No billing info is required.
- Wealthy Affiliate – With Wealthy Affiliate, you can get local business marketing training as well as a keyword research tool to analyze keywords you could rank for that have a low demand and high supply. See my full Wealthy Affiliate review and video demo here.
- Spyfu – A tool to analyze your competitors’ SEO strategy, so you can get ideas of how to improve your own. See my full review and video demo here.
- SE Ranking – A on-page SEO and off-page SEO auditing tool that can help you discover errors, 404s, and other things that could be preventing your website rankings. See my full review here.
BrightLocal | Local Business Marketing Tool
- Great analytics
- Provides recommendations
- Provides automated reporting
- Can be white labeled for agency use
- High customer satisfaction ratio and very responsive and thorough with complaints
- May not standalone as a solution for those who are unfamiliar with local SEO--More training may be needed